How to Blackout or Redact Words or Lines in Adobe;
If you want to blackout only some words or lines or even images in your file, you can follow these step;
How to Blackout Some Words or Lines in Pdf Manually;
1-Open your file in Adobe
2-Click on Tools>Protection>Mark for redaction>
- Go to your text and highlight lines and words or images which you want to hide them and then click on Apply Redactions.
3- If you have a long text and want to blackout specific data as Name or Date, on it, you can use this method;
- Tools>Protection>Search and remove text.
- In this windows, you can see some options; in the first part you specify, at which file, the program should search that word,
If you want to redact the word or data in the current page choose the first one (In current document)
If you want to search in other document choose the second option (all pdf documents in) and specify that folder in your computer for adobe.
In the second part, you have 3 options; if you have a single word you can choose the first one.
- If you have different words you can choose the second one.
- If you have a specific pattern like Date you should choose the third one.
- After you enter your desired information in this part click on search and remove text.
- In this new windows, you can see the result of your search.
- If you click on check all, in the file all the text will be chosen, and after that, you can redact them easily by clicking on Apply Redactions on the right panel in your adobe windows.
How Can Delete Blackout Part.
If you want to delete redacted part in your document you should follow these steps;
- On the up left side in the program, click on the File.
- Click on Revert.
Now you can see your file without any redacted part.